PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2018, 07:32
geordiejet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EK77WNCL
Travel Agent... You should have seen the little dance I just did if x3 weekly is true..

EDIT: The state of the North East travelling public as whole, unfortunately, is rather upsetting. And to the detriment of NCL. Sounds harsh, but stereotypes exist for a reason. I was lucky, apart from the inevitable staple trips to the Costa Del Sol, my family could be considered rather adventurous. Case in point, my mam just came back from 5 nights in Dubai, cheaper than Tenerife booked 2 weeks in advance.

Interesting to think that student population in Newcastle could be rather important in supporting routes like Krakow, Prague, Berlin and Ryanair's Polish routes
Having looked at your post history and the exotic places you’ve managed to visit already for someone of your vintage I’d hazard a guess and say your family’s financial situation is not representative of your average NCL resident and rather than ‘stereotypes’ of say it’s simply a matter of access to funds and that most people’s access to a holiday fund is somewhat different to yours. Your average north easterner gets one shot at their annual holiday and they need to make sure they like it so who can blame them for wanting to stick with the Costas or PMI? They don’t have a long haul trip later in the year to look forward to not can they just write it off and go away again during the next half term.

Break.
Break.

It seems like PMI/ALC/AGP are the only places served from NCL this year going by the amount of whinging going on. A quick look shows around 50 other destinations available. I did chuckle when someone was calling for a Thai hub link to connect to Asia and Australia etc. Isn’t that what EK are for?

People need to take a look at themselves and realise that NCL actually does quite well for the size and state of the demographic and people need to realise that the lovely middle class destinations de jour may simply not work at NCL.

A reminder that airline/tour operator’s sole responsibility is to generate shareholder return and simply throw darts at a destination dartboard just so to increase the route count of a small regional airport that already punches above its weight.