PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 26th Mar 2018, 02:12
GAPilot261087

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies if this has been covered a few times but can anyone give me a good indication on RAF pilot recruitment status for 2018 ?

I am currently a PPL holder and commercial ATPL student. I have been going towards commercial flying for the last few years and because I had to make a difficult choice at a time of all the defence cuts years ago when choosing which path to follow.

I have however always had the RAF stuck in the back of my mind for those years for the operational flying and lifestyle side of it which can be equally as valuable as a big pay check. That being said, there is a lot of good benefits for airlines just now so I'm balanced on the RAF vs Airlines argument.

I have already been told to pop in and see the recruitment office and have spoke with recruiters at airshows but I am just hoping for a bit of inside first hand info other than the "anything is possible" and "give it a shot" I usually get told. Any info about what aircraft are needing the most pilots over the next few years , terms and conditions and pilot retention levels etc

If anyone can also advise also how the process of streaming works in terms of preference for what you would like to fly, I'd be grateful!

Cheers!