PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwich-2
Thread: Norwich-2
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2018, 11:48
Dontgothere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there is a more fundamental problem at play with the canning of the INV service, was there going to be enough demand for it (high prices or low prices)? I think not, NWI is my parents' local airport and they couldn't think of many people who would have any desire to go to INV.

Loganair are interlining with Aer Lingus on their flights into Dublin from Inverness and Carlisle, I shouldn't think it impossible (with a little re-jigging of the schedules and maybe leaving the JER route to Flybe) to factor in a daily flight to DUB from NWI - as far as my eyes can see, it'd stand a better chance of success because it wouldn't be solely reliant on O&D traffic and would rival, in a small way, KLM's monopoly on flights to beyond Europe. Plus, perhaps selfishly, it'd make my life easier when going to see the folks, rather than flying to to STN or SEN and taking multiple trains the rest of the way.

However, with direct trains from Norwich to Stansted only a couple years away, NWI will have to pick up its plans and try to be just a little bit competitive as the area becomes less cut off from the outside world.