PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2018, 11:22
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
G’day Bafanguy. Once upon a time Qantas was always open for recruitment. You could submit an application at any time and they’d process you. As a result of people applying when they became qualified (or tired of where they were working) the system was always processing 30-40* applications per month for the 8-16 positions available. (*Not sure of exact numbers).

After not having recruited from January 2009 until August 2016 Qantas opened up applications processing former cadets and letter of intent holders from 2009 in June/ July 2016 as well as both internal and external applicants from about September 2016. There were about 1300 applications to process- not a very big number really considering the 9 year gap- and it’s simply taken until November last year to work through them all.

If Rated De has been forwarded the email then he too has the projected recruitment numbers for 2018. I’d post them but last time I posted information also available to the other 2200 Qantas pilots Flight Ops Management received a call from another department complaining. So sadly someone else will need to post that up. For the same reason I can’t comment on the numbers still on hold.

So if PPRUNERs want the latest info, they’ll have to get to a roadshow that Qantas will be running around the nation.