PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - INCIDENT AT VALLEY
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2018, 05:29
Alber Ratman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rolling20
The possibility that he was unaware until it was too late cannot be discounted. RIP.
Most of us technicians that have flown in FJs would have waited for the captains instructions of "Eject" before doing so. The circus guys are not low category one flight passengers, they will do all the training to fly on a daily basis without having to go through the requirements of a Cat B. I am sure most remember the Harrier T4 accident (in 1991?) where the cadet officer in the back only warning it was time to leave the aircraft was the captain "pulling the yellow and black" as the bird he had taken in the face had left him without comms or vision and he knew they were in deep poo at the height they were at. (this accident tightened up the restrictions on what Cat B FJ pasengers could do, the days of air test backseat for guys in the hangar being one restriction, I am sure came of that day). The investigation report will say the reason for what happened and the timings of events.

I did fly in a Tucano in the front seat. However as it was a basic trainer, all major controls were duplicated (with good reason). The only control I had to switch on was the anti col lights if memory serves, maybe the battery as well.