PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2018, 19:27
ash666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jensdad
Hi Ash666, it was a pair of gloves that fell out of my pocket at some stage during my trip through the airport, rather than checked luggage. It was my own stupid fault, I should have been more careful, but if I dropped my gloves in Eldon Square I wouldn't need to pay £7 to get them back. Not sure why an airport should be different.

Hi Canb97, They do still have a lost-property office, but it's only open 5 hours a day, 5 days a week, when most people are at work. And an airport the size of Newcastle should definitely have a reception/information desk imho. I seem to remember SOU has one? Not sure, I could be wrong there. And if they did have an info desk they could combine the two. Airports being airports, they'd probably still charge an extortionate amount though
Ok, I will retract my statement.

I left a coat on the Eurostar a couple of years ago and that cost a fortune to get back.

I remember a friend losing his wallet on the Emirates flight and the staff in Dubai took a while to look for it but they did and didn't charge a penny.