PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2018, 21:31
ChrisWithWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final 06,

I had to laugh when I read your last sentences because I totally agree with you. BTW, I think it’s worth to mention that I am not that young anymore (mid 30th), although a started commercial flying a little bit later and therefore lacking a little bit of the “between the lines experience” in this branch. But that’s why I am here and asking questions. The point you raised, that also other branches are going down, can even be extended to the government and all the things that are going wrong in the society at all. But considering the fact nearly every branch in a downward spiral, I think our branch is still on the upper end of the conditions compared to the majority of the other branches. Of course, there are some other jobs and branches, which are better than aviation but if you really want to break the circle at least for yourself, you have to become a “skilled worker” and move to Canada or Australia. And even there, you will have some kind of fight.

If we can change something in our system than only to a very little extent. Therefore, most of us try to make the best out of the situation. That might also explain a little bit why colleagues are selling OFF days. So, where is the difference between the colleagues and the “greedy managers”. And let me honest with you, I did this also two time for longer flight to get the hours, although I am aware about the adverse “political statement”.

If I got it right, the CWA is valid until winter 2018. This matchs may planning to start my application (if I do) during and of this year. Maybe, I will have an idea what coming next with CV.

Another question that is a little bit important for my decision: What is your opinion about an additional job in the office, especially in the safety department? Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to become a manager. It’s just because I am interested in the topic of safety and want to have a plan B in case of losing my medical or reducing long-haul flying when getting older (something like 50% office and 50% flying).

However, until now thanks again for the honest replies.