PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2018, 16:04
ChrisWithWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the quick answers.

@final06:
Actually, I have approx. 1300 hours on 737 and total 2100, flying for a carrier where I don't beleave that they will survive the next bigger crisis and I don't like to be in a situation where I have to look for a new job during a crisis. I know that there will be no absolute job security on the flight deck. But I think you can control a little bit of the risk. I share your concerns regarding Trump and the world trade. But I also think that there is a reasonable likelihood that during next election the democrates will come to power again and everything will change to an open market. Furthermore, the Chinese also need the open trade to work against their debts. In regard to Ryanair, I am really interested cocnerning their new contracts because I think it canalso move the whole market a little bit.
I guess that you (final06: Rwy06 LUX?) work or have worked for Cargolux. How would you consider the future demand in Cargolux considering the leavings and retirements and maybe the upgrade chances considering these concerns (I aware the upgrade topic was discused from time to time, but with the new situation of the leavings things might have changed). Furthermore, are there any news reagrding Cargolux China?

Actually, for me it's collecting information to make a reasonable decision. The fact of the leaving is a warnign sign to me, but as often mention it depends on wher you coming from.

Anyway, already many thanks for your information in this thread.