PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airline wages compilation
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2018, 09:35
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
That's something Australian banks fail to understand.

I you earn a wage from a company you are able to borrow money up to 80% (more or less) the value of your income.

If you have your own business, then they generally allow half your income but they double the interest rate - in effect you are only allowed 25% of your income in loan repayments. This is insane. But even worse - if you earn say $100kpa from an airline (which I do not believe is without risk) you pay (in Oz) around 30% tax. Roughly. Then you pay rent, computers, cars etc. If you earn $100kpa from your own business, first of all I would suggest you are an idiot, but IF you are that successful that you can't avoid earning $100kpa, that is after your house/car/travel expenses (holidays) and tools are paid for.

You are persecuted for being 'smart' in Australia (and the US) and helped by banks who 'want' that salary.

Frankly, I see working for anyone as inherently risky. I work for someone else, I know I'm going to be sacked before them. If I work for myself I won't be sacked. This is the fundamental difference I have with the finance and governance industry in Australia. It's killing the economy and so few realise how. If you own your own business you are screwed and are excluded from access to easy credit.

Just putting it out there - personally, working for a self enriching, cost cutting tool with zero inspiring attributes (Qf's Joyce) is something that almost has me dry reaching every time I think about it, but I can understand why people put up with the garbage emanating from the QCCC injecting room cubicles and take the salary. If you are depressed enough in your outlook to accept that as your 'lot' may I suggest you set about inoculating yourself against psychotic morons as quickly as you can. Get the job, then spend every dollar you can gaining an asset base to enable you to say 'FU' - cleverly done it should take 10 years, 15 at the outside.