PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dog dies in overhead locker on UA
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2018, 19:58
Pizzacake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDR1
The fact that this allegedly dogless bag barked continuously until it died must have been a bit of a clue, surely? Or are you saying that the typical United FA has the intellect of a 3-day old cheese sandwich?

The FA should be arrested, prosecuted and jailed for animal cruelty (or whatever the colonial equivilent is in that state). So should the captain, because as we are repeatedly told the captain has absolute authority over, and thus absolute responsibility for everything that happens on his/her aeroplane.

And then the family shgould sue the airline, the captain and the FA for the personal pain and suffering resulting from the unlawful torture and execution of their beloved pet. I would assume that the american legal system will award judgements of the order of $500m against each defendant in such a case (based on my extensive study of legal documentaries like LA Law and Suits).

Or is this just another case where the airline and the pilots claim that no matter what happened it was always someone else's fault? I'm amazed so many can pass a class-1 medical despite apparently lacking a spine...

PDR
Ooorrr the owner of the dog could accept responsibilty for trying to fly with a breed of dog that is by and large banned from most airlines and about 20 seconds research into the breed would advise that due to its compromised airways it shouldn’t be on the plane.
It breaks my heart that a dog was stuffed in an overhead locker, it’s not right, but if the dog shouldn’t have been on the plane in the first place, the owner has to shoulder some blame.