PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things are getting interesting at RYR for Cadets
Old 14th Mar 2018, 21:12
Luke258

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Time Traveller
It is the individuals responsibility to understand the applicable tax laws. Ignorance is not a defence, I do sympathise to some extent, but it's fairly well known that setting up as a limited company requires payment of both employee and employer social security - and some tax evasion was downright crooked, such as the guy who was openly bragging that he was claiming for thousands of miles positioning out of base by car, whilst actually jumpseating for free.

Guys like this get done in the end, (and he did) and then they go around swearing bloody murder. As you well know, out of base gets extra compensation for incidentals (more so now), and frankly I'd rather have that than the sometimes lousy hotels booked by the company for employees.

I'm not au fait with offsetting training against tax, but I was referring to historical ATPL costs. Again you refer to a snap shot of part of a year. It also doesn't quite add up that you were offered a contract, because if you had, all your grievances would become academic. Or was it financially beneficial to stay as a contractor (oh, the irony)? And it does seem direct contracts are becoming the norm. Even maybe local contracts in some countries, if there is anything in the rumour I heard today. Your hyperbole is deliberately obfuscatory and misleading.

PS Bilingual since childhood thanks.PPS By 3rd world, I mean sub-saharan Africa, Bangladesh, etc not peering over the fence from a Goan beach resort. I don't you think would equate sensible budgeting as a Ryanair FO with the former, if you had experienced it. Humility and honesty go a long way in this game, and your reply to maverick prime did not sit well.
Wow, that sounds just like it came out of Eddie's Mouth. Funny thing is, that even after years it was not even clear to the relevant tax authorities and tax advisors how to apply taxes and social insurance. But sure, it is the Pilot's responsibility to understand everything about it. I am actually happy that the charges will be dropped against the pilots, which makes your argument invalid.
Those guys that you are talking about exist, but as you just said, it was some of them. Most of the pilots that I know in Ryanair don't have any criminal intentions.

Of course I know about it. Have you ever been out of base on short notice where you had to go in the lousiest hotel just so you don't lose any money? Or even better you actually lost money? Well, I have been. I'd rather have the company sort everything out for me. By the way, per diems would be also applicable then, you should know that.

Historical ATPL costs? So as you said you as a pilot should know about tax law. In germany you can't deduct it from the taxes, unless you can proof it is your second education.

Everyone deducted the Type Rating as you might know. Deducting a Type Rating, for which the company doesn't pay, just so you earn a decent salary. How ridiculous can it actually get?

It doesn't add up? Have you thought about the possibility that I have left the company and been offered a contract to stay? Doesn't cross your mind? My salary in November was less than 1000Euro. Sure the financial benefits were awesome...You're one bright mind aren't you.

Guys like you, accepting everything by the company and praising them, are one of the biggest problem this company has. Strike breaker on top probably. I have friends that flew all over the world and they were shocked by the stories they've heard from ryanair pilots.

Can I ask you again, how long are you in the company?