PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 14th Mar 2018, 19:34
Theo.P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, this is a quick feedback of my assessment last week.
By the way if anyone is starting on the 7th of May in Amsterdam, pm me !

Applied : 20/01/2018
First mail : 12/02/2018
Phone call : 15/02/2018
Assessment : 08/03/2018
Positive answer : 13/03/2018

Technical :

The technical assessor took my logbooks, and started to have a look through them.
I was integrated but I did a PPL before.
Unexpectedly he started to ask questions about aircrafts I flew for my ppl 5 years ago ! (Socata Rallye, Robin DR400).
He first asked me how to differentiate them if they were both parked next to each other.
As one of them has slats, he started to ask me about it.
Why slats, how were they operated.
We then talked about ailerons, and why differential ailerons.
Type of engine, how the carburetor works, what is the danger associated to it and why.
That was pretty much it.

Hr :

Then the HR assessor asked me to quickly introduce myself.
Why Ryanair ?
What new lines did Ryanair opened the previous week (Middle East) ?
How many aircrafts ?
Expansion/development plan (always getting better 5 program + 240ac in order)
That was it and they asked me if I had any questions.
That was really straight forward, and I was out in about 15 minutes.

The Sim :

After 30mn break, my partner and I jumped in the sim.
As I had experience on the 737 and my partner hadn't (A320 guy), I thought it was sensible to go PF first so he could see.
The assessor quickly briefed us again, and we briefed. We took off from EMA out of RWY27 via TNT2N dep. he vectored us out of the sid after a few minutes and I did some gh.
Level, descending, climbing turns.
Then senior cabin crew member came nearly screaming in the flight deck and wanted to talk to the captain only (PF). I said stby twice and gave controls to my PM. Gave him a SA update and talked to the cabin crew. Heart attack on board.
Sim got frozen at that time.
Ran a DODAR with my PM, let ATC know that we were coming back to EMA for a radar vectored ILS to land, ready to commence in 10 minutes.
Started to set up everything, briefed my PM, and when I was going to do a NITS to number one, ATC started to vector us. My PM read back, but I immediately called them back saying that we weren't ready.
Did the NITS, and when I was going to do a PA, the assessor called it completed.
I took back controls, we got radar vectored on a quite long final, landed of it.

We swapped seats. Exactly same thing but different abnormal : Destination closed due to bomb threat.

Besto of luck guys !!