PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Plane crash' at Nepal's Kathmandu airport
Old 14th Mar 2018, 17:24
Yo_You_Not_You_you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That account from arnicopanday plus the new video puts the plane's path quiet clear now . The place of video is Gagalphedi , it is due N-NE of the airport and 7-8 kms far. search it on google or bing , my new account ! no link
  • It went north , almost touching the hills : "Yeti airlines panicking on the recordings in Nepali about the hills visibility, providing radar vector to correct its path" was about this ..
  • Turned back as in the video
  • Overshoot runway 20's approach , flew South,circling , why ?
  • My guess :
    since they didn't take 20 or delayed it because Buddha air253 (was it?) landed on 02, then clear it afterwards.
  • ATC open both 20 and 02 . as by this time they were in middle , somewhere in the west, capable of approaching both.
  • From arnico's account it came in hot trying to land on 20 , like someone new on a plane simulator would do! Turning!
  • when I saw the plane fly very low across the airport buildings, turning from a northwesterly heading to a southwesterly heading. From my viewpoint It flew BEHIND the airport control tower, somewhere around the domestic terminal. (A taxi driver on the domestic parking lot reported that its wing almost touched the roof of the Nepal Airlines Hangar).
    I drew a sketch here based on the points from arnico : sitename: imgur address : /8WzvUeI I might be wrong.
    I request him do this on maps , post it here

Another wild guess, The domesticTerminal parking bay ? , up North angled to 20, looks alot like a Runway . something like Runway 15(!), if it were to exist? \\ . Look at the maps , It is Narrow , elongated , a path extends straight to a hangar across the main runway . Did they made an approach towards this ? unknowingly?