PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things are getting interesting at RYR for Cadets
Old 14th Mar 2018, 13:19
Luke258

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Time Traveller
Hypocrite. You knew the deal when you signed up, extracted what you wanted, and now suddenly it's everyone's fault except your own. It's generally the ones who fiddle the tax system and get a comeuppance who are so bitter, or who fail to make the grade (PS English is a requirement!) Over the year, contractors do pretty well once they have deducted huge amounts of training costs, at which point, if they haven't really annoyed anyone, then they generally (edit: but not always) get a contract. I'm guessing 1) You didn't get a Ryanair contract 2) you haven't been to the third world proper 3) you weren't a BALPA member?
What an arrogant post. How long are you in the company? I knew nothing about that "deal". Guess what, for a non native english speaker, knowing nothing about irish or english tax law or employment law, this whole set up was quite confusing. Were there some voices saying it's a shady deal? Yes of course. Were there many people saying take it? Yes of course.
So now us pilots are the ones fiddling the tax system? Never even try to blame the company eh? Shall we talk about the raids of german custom police? Almost destroying our careers? FYI I have the LP level 6 How's your german, italian, spanish going?
How about you cut the BS? Over the year contractors do well? What about those close to bankruptcy because of two consequent months off? What about those being stuck just before line training for several months? Why are there even training costs? And you do know that deducting those training costs from social insurance charges is partly illegal?
I also read if and generally. Why does this contractor model even exist? I was offered a Ryanair-Contract, I've been in the third world (whatever that is in your mind) and I was a VC-member from the very beginning, fighting for us pilots and our profession. Where were you? Anything else?