PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing Twin Squirrel: Wales/Ireland
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2018, 13:43
[email protected]

Received 622 Likes on 270 Posts
Rotorspeed - I understand the likely resistance from the GA community and I am not advocating a mandatory compliance with another layer of regulations since there are more than enough of those already.

However, if there was an ability to ring someone of appropriate experience and credibility simply to have them cast an eye over your planned sortie (obviously of the longer, cross country variety rather than circuits) would some of those RW owners use such a facility?

Even if just one did and then aborted a planned flight rather than pushing on into another CFIT incident, it would be worthwhile.

The issues of legal responsibility and indemnity insurance are valid but definitely surmountable.

And I don't think I am the only one with ideas in this vein, there are plenty of responsible. experienced aviators who hate to see senseless waste of lives for the sake of a little education and guidance.

It's worth considering just for the sake of the families and friends who are either taken along to perish or left behind to grieve.