PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX is a case study in how most companies fail
Old 12th Mar 2018, 13:03
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX is an insult to the word 'circus'. Most circus's consist of highly trained employees and adept management. Our airline has devolved into something unrecognisable from 25 years ago. It's now a collection of assets that have no idea how to integrate for maximum efficiency, and a management who have myopically focused on attacking one small part of the whole (the pilots), ironically the very part that has the ability to ensure that the overall airline is operated and overseen in an efficient, safe and reliable manner. When you deliberately insult and devalue the people who make the operational COST decisions EVERY DAY, you can absolutely ensure that you have lost the ability to control your costs,never mind the reputational value of your airline. This management has turned me (and every other Captain I know) into someone who now looks at every COST decision we have to make in a much different light than was the case 20 years ago. Now, EVERY decision we make almost assuredly results in an outcome that is the opposite to what we chose in years past. Multiply that by EVERY CAPTAIN, EVERY FLIGHT, EVERY DAY. You looked a bit weathered and worn in that photo RH, and soon, when most of your pilots are leaving in droves, you can add to those lines on your forehead. Unless there is a complete break with the attitudes and behaviour of our management, this situation will end up with CX flat on it's back, with no pilots, and the ones who do stay not caring. What large corporation can survive with those metrics? And all utterly avoidable.

Well, have to run, time to pay the rest of my tax bill. Now, where's that 13th month cash that should be lying around here somewhere.... (which has cost the company that amount and much more already by mid March, with a whole 3/4 of the year left to go...and that only from fuel decisions, no directs, configuring a bit early...I could go on. I work it out every flight what each 'legitimate and justifiable' decision costs. You would be surprised RH just how a petty and vindictive decision in December will cost the same as multiplying the amount by a factor of 10 by the time this year has come and gone, and that's just ONE Captain, never mind the other 1000 of us. Well done . Lesson: don't with us). You have managed to take very dedicated and accomplished professionals and turned every single one of us implacably against you and your management. You can begin to fix this by getting rid of the incompetent members of your senior staff, and no guesses as to where that needs to start. You have lost this entire group, and to even begin to get us back onside will take a herculean effort. Perhaps you might want to get started before there aren't any pilots left to care (anyone calculating the cost to replace and retrain the hundreds (probably over a 1000+) of pilots you are about to lose, all unnecessarily?). Tick tock tick tock...

Last edited by Trafalgar; 12th Mar 2018 at 14:11.