PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2018, 02:39
David Billings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Washington Post article...

Thanks Weheka for the info....

I have mailed Marwa Eltagouri of the Washington Post to ask where she got the information (my bolding):

"In 2016, the group brought the measurements to Jeff Glickman, a forensic examiner, who located a photo of Earhart from Lockheed Aircraft Corp. that showed her with her arms exposed. It appeared, based on educated guesses, that Earhart's upper arm bone corresponded with one of the Nikumaroro bones."

She may reply or she may not...

A basis for a Scientific Paper produced from "educated guesses" is no basis at all.

We do know that TIGHAR "Executive Director" Richard Gillespie did get Photogrammetry expert Jeff Glickman to carry out a photographic interpretation exercise to try and determine Earhart's Height because of the conflict between the earlier 1941 estimate from Dr. Hoodless and the 1998 interpretation from Dr's Burns and Jantz. This exercise developed into taking other measurements through flesh and fabric to determine the lengths of arm and leg bones which will produce estimates at best and "estimates" is mentioned in the Jantz paper, again no basis for a scientific report.

With due respect (if any) to the final result of that exercise by Glickman that was given to Gillespie to then give to Jantz, by any standard applicable is questionable for, and to use a simile, "you to do not get the Police to investigate the Police".

On past history of Gillespie's claims and backfires, it is impossible for readers of the Earhart Mystery and those ultimately interested in the Crew's fate and whereabouts, to accept any evidence presented by Gillespie for it will always be biased.

Dr. Jantz, in my opinion, has been played by a master manipulator.

Last edited by David Billings; 12th Mar 2018 at 03:13.