PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Long Haul Roster
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2018, 17:25
lansen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Luggage
Im not so sure about that. I am fairly certain they were suppossed to base aircraft there. They were also to allow FAA pilots to fly the aircraft whilst studying for the EASA which has also failed to materialise.

Like I said the pilots I know who are training are being kept in the dark about certain aspects of this job. It seems that NAS themselves are not too confident on this whole FLL situation working out.

The pilots I know are training and asking questions whilst being given very vague answers. OSM does not seem to be reliable as a contract agency at all either.

For this to work they will need to base aircraft in the US along with maintenance or it just becomes to expensive and non reliable. Just like the 2017 season of constantly having to hire aircraft from operators like Wamos Air (Spanish) and others.

US pilots based in FLL all operate under an EASA validation and have two years to convert their FAA license to an equivalent EASA license.
FLL is a crew base. It's well known.

Sorry to say, but either you are a lier/troll or your friends are complete retards.