PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bringing my N reg C172 to UK?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2018, 14:49
winglit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stampe
I don,t see any reason why not you have perfection with your licensing set up.Forget flying it put it in a container and combine it with a major inspection and any improvements you want to make.I imagine you have gained lots of hours since you got your PPL you will need I believe over 100 hours to get an EASA PPL required to demonstrate “equivalence” with EASA.Others will hopefully be able to advise in more detail.I believe we met in POP ?Before retiring I was a TOM 76 skipper and seem to remember chatting a few times when you were covering for DA?I keep a light aircraft in South East UK happy to help if you need it.Regards Stampe
Hi Stampe, yes I do believe we have met. i am still at POP at the moment and so is DA, although he may also be retiring soon. But you know what TOM is like. they can't make their minds up!

I've owned it for seven years now and logged around 500hrs. I was thinking about doing the inst rating before I come back. Can I use an FAA inst rating in the UK? Is there such a thing as night VFR in the UK?

I used to live in Hove before I moved here, so Shoreham was my nearest airfield. But we are now looking at South Wales for our relocation. I was considering keeping it at Cardiff or St Athan (I was stationed there for my last tour in the RAF)

I'm also wondering about availability of an FAA DME to do my medicals and a CFI to do my biannual flight reviews. There must be some in Blighty.