PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Sponsored Type Rating
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2018, 14:03
aerodestination

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carpentermichael
Tbh it all sounds pretty good, however, i still see both pros and cons about each program.

Wouldn't you earn ALOT more if you do the self-sponsored program? then you can deduct alot of your expenses over time? So if you can afford the typerating, wouldnt it be a way better deal than the bonding? or what do you think? I really hope you will help me with this decision. Thank you guys and girls
not quite... since you will get the full RYR contract after line training. no reduction in salary. So you will get the 21k basic even when you have to wait a couple of months after base training before commencing line training. Previously for contractors this would be a period of time without income. All these financial barriers are significantly reduced with the new program. You will get approx 2k a month, even when there are delays between base and line training. Furthermore no large upfront money is required to get in. If you decide to leave earlier you still can... you just have to pay the remainder of the bond which will be a fraction of the 25k, depending on when you leave.