PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US offers UK inferior open skies deal - FT
Old 10th Mar 2018, 17:55
Jetscream 32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathrow Harry
" O'Leary has used every rule in the book to get the best advantage"

You may not like him but that's surely what EVERY businessman should be doing?

If you want to be a saint go into religion................
You miss my point.... everyone has a choice to work for whoever, and having never met the man I certainly have no issues with him... what I do have issues with is someone so loud as him so trying to alter the course of an event that has nothing to do with him and he has no knowledge of in regards to outcome apart from himself and his airline.... he wasn't eligible to vote so should keep his opinions to the EU and voiced from Ireland. Spouting off that the UK will no longer be able to travel on cheap holidays unless his esteemed airline can fulfil them is pretty poor reasoning!

When I talk about his aircraft arriving and it causing a hole... it is because growing UK bases with talent from the UK is easier to manage than from many other EU countries in regards to recruiting and operating under an Irish / EU AOC

Yes there are many countries he can swipe and grow a chunk from, in regards to legacy carriers, but first he has to find the crews that both want to work for him and will want to jump ship from their current employ.

All the crews I've ever worked with since the late 80's are now focussing on quality of life and not pushing FTL to the max - better work life balance!

So finding crews to operate all these aircraft will be harder and tighter from a market that he was / is very reliant upon.... yes its business but I do think there was a more easier way to win than scaremongering!