PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2018, 06:29
ComradeRoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Check_Thrust
As I said I can't specifically speak for your company's policies however if all the FOs are logging ICUS for their PF sectors I hope the captains are being paid accordingly for a supervisory pilot roll as they will have to meet the requirements of 61.095 - 2(b). Do the said captains also fill out an ICUS report on the FO at the completion of flight as well?
My current company's FOM has only two restrictions for logging ICUS:
1. FO has to have at least 1000hrs total time
2. Captain has to have at least 1000hrs on type to be able to supervise.
Captain signs separate ICUS flight log after each PF leg. Also, there are no restrictions on maximum ICUS hours. As long as the captain is happy - it goes into the log.

Part 61 (or the way I read it) states pretty much the same: If there is a PIC on board authorised and happy to supervise - log ICUS hours when PF. No legal restrictions. Perhaps there are differences in our FOMs

My main point was that ICUS time beyond ATPL reqs (even though one can clock it up depending on policies) becomes irrelevant. But it is an easy way of separating PF legs in a logbook and has nothing to do with real command hours.

In terms of extra pay - why? Is it that much different from normal captain duties? Supervision is in cap's job description.
LTC, however, is a different story and get extra pay. But again - company policies.

With SOs - technically they are Cruise Relief First Officers. So no ICUS as they do not perform full range of duties on board... imo

Last edited by ComradeRoo; 10th Mar 2018 at 06:57. Reason: removed extra quotes