PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA Spine Med Discharge?
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2018, 10:24
Poorly PA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA Spine Med Discharge?

Gents, (and Ladies)

Having been a lurking voyeur since Beagle was still bashing the circuit I am after a bit of advice.

I am a Serving PA Flt Lt and have recently received a permanent medical downgrade. I will soon be before an employment board to see which, if any ground trades will be offered. Not wanting to jump the gun on that I am pretty sure I will take the QR1421 option of receiving a Medical Discharge. I am a member and have spoken with the Forces Pension Society, they are very helpful but have never seen any Tables which are used to calculate a Medical Pension for a PA Officer. Simply using a representative rank such as Wg Cdr or Gp Capt, which receives a similar salary would not work, and they believe, as is the case with Service Doctors that possibly taking an Admin Discharge will be the best way to go. Because the Med Pension will have to be worked out on my rank.... and not my salary

So while I chase all the formal avenues, ie Handbrake house and Glasgow I was wondering if any members here have been Med Discharged as Serving PA, and if so what happened on the pension front?