PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2018, 10:07
Jetsbest

Received 21 Likes on 3 Posts
Popgun

You said it!
Originally Posted by Popgun
QF Mainline Second Officer internal recruitment has begun again.
Not Q-link, not Jetconnect, not Jetstar, not Sunstate, not Eastern etc, but QF Mainline Second Officer internal recruitment has begun again.

While the recruitment processes may be similar, &/or driven by the same ‘group’ HR machine, ‘internal’ applicants are extended the courtesy of priority ‘mainline’ processing at the start. Those ‘internals’ accepted into QF Mainline are often given far more notice of a start date than others, and their seniority begins when they start on a new/different seniority list. (I too can confirm that it hasn’t always been that way.)

What makes you think that there are not eminently suitable candidates from outside the group also deserving of a seniority number on a list in whatever order the ‘owners’ decide? When they too start sounds eminently fair to me!😉

Perhaps some want to be able to have their cake and eat it too? I had no idea that starting a career in Dash 8s, 717s, A320s etc was so much worse than GA on night freight, teaching foreign & Aussie cadets at Moorabin/Jandakot etc, the Kimberleys, PNG, RAAF, ......🤔🙄

Last edited by Jetsbest; 8th Mar 2018 at 10:18.