PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIPS / API CLAIM DENIED
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2018, 10:29
gardenshed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just having a read through the new rules, can David please explain to me how and I quote directly,

13.3.8 injury incurred as a result of deliberate exposure by the member to Exceptional
Danger (except in an attempt to save human life); this does don’t apply to extreme
sports. so Scuba Diving, Skiing and Sky Diving etc are covered, yet and again I quote directly,

SELF-REPORTED DISABILITIES: A disability characterized by manifestations that are
not verifiable or conclusive using tests or procedures accepted as standard medical
practice OR are historically limiting from an aviation regulatory point-of-view versus a
medically or life-limiting point-of-view OR include (but are not limited to) one or more of
the following: chronic fatigue, any allergy or sensitivity to chemicals or the environment,
chronic pain conditions, obstructive sleep apnea, insomnia, vertigo, dizziness, nausea,
loss of consciousness, headache, pain, Medically Unexplained Physical Symptoms
(MUPS), Meniere’s Disease, Migraines, Idiopathic Generalized Epilepsy, Chronic
Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome, Systemic
Exertion Intolerance Disease (SEID), fatigue, loss of energy, stiffness, soreness, ringing
in the ears, numbness, itching, sudden or rapid or unexplained loss of hearing, sudden
or rapid or unexplained loss of visual acuity or colour blindness.

Which you have no control over are not, the exclusion list seems to get longer all the time.

The cynic in me would guess that the directors are all fans of "Extreme Sports" where you take a calculated risk of permanent injury, whilst many of the diseases can be proven medically, which are not lifestyle choices are they ! And surely this is what you are paying the monthly fees to protect yourself and your family against.

Last edited by gardenshed; 5th Mar 2018 at 19:53.