PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol-5
Thread: Bristol-5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2018, 10:50
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
January 2018 Passenger Stats

BRS was not amongst the first group of airports in the CAA's January stats so still awaiting those.

The airport's own figures show that 480,231 terminal passengers used the airport in January, up 2.8% on its own figures for January 2017. The airport doesn't provide rolling 12-month totals based on its own figures.

However, for some reason BRS does not include all passengers in its monthly and annual figures - under 2s are one example - with the result that its monthly and annual passnger numbers are less than the CAA's, even though the CAA gets its own figures from the airport. I've asked BRS more than once in the past why they do this but have never received a logical answer - not logical to me anyway. Cynics might suggest it would mean their current 10 mppa passenger cap is that bit further away but I don't think that's the reason.

The airport's stats page carries this note: Due to differences in the way some flights are recorded, Bristol Airport figures may contain small variances when compared to those reported by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).

Depends what is meant by small. In 2017 the CAA recorded the airport handling 8.234 million terminal passengers whilst BRS made it 8.137 million (97,000 fewer).

Based on a 2.8% rise on the CAA stats for January 2017 they would show around 487,000 terminal passengers for January 2018 with a rolling 12-month total of 8.247 million.