PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2018, 09:09
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't think it's unfair to suggest that most BA captains, certainly most LH BA Captains at any rate, are unlikely to have experienced the real low-cost world that started with the birth of Ryanair.
True, but that wasn’t the claim being made in the post I responded to...

How many could honestly hold their hands up and say they have worked 5 days of 4 sector days, 25 minute turn arounds, helping to clean the aircraft, filling up water bottles from taps outside portacabins, not getting any food or drink provided, paying for their own hotels...the list goes on
But we are back to the four Yorkshiremen sketch again....I don’t remember being pampered in that portion of my flying career in the 70s and 80s in my life before BA - being ******rushed, hassled, secondary tasks (sometimes unpleasant) not even staying in hotels, buying your own food etc etc isn’t something new and it wasn’t something suddenly invented by the LoCo sector 20 years ago....I’ll resist the urge to tell folks to pull up a chair...

I think some of the supposed “ bitterness” is down to some of the older pilots experiences before BA, and their intimate knowledge, gained from years of experience of how “BA” can behave when it suits them.

BTW I take it those here who couldn’t get to work because of the snow have written their letter to the headmaster.........

Last edited by wiggy; 3rd Mar 2018 at 09:19.