PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2018, 14:16
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
With a new DFO and a big problem of crewing to solve anything could happen.

Welcome (possibly) to BA and the “BA way” ....the emphasised bit is why I tried to stop offering anything approximating advice a few months back.......

Wonder what the latest “anything can happen” will be”...just seen the latest LHR TAF and the usual missive that arrived at about the same time about “ minding how you go” on the way to work...but make sure you get here....but make sure you don’t bust 90 minutes.......

Seriously, hope it all works out for the swimmers...now where did I put the uniform pullover oh hang on, we have a heavy...

Belated edit to add. With regard to some of the glowing endorsements about rostering - having had to time to spare this evening I have been browsing elsewhere and noticed there is suddenly a lot of heated traffic on company yammer about how bad roster stability actually is for the v junior on some fleets...I think the gripe is whilst Blindlines and Triplines are solid there are new joiners experiencing a high frequency of reserve lines vs. what was promised by the recruiting team (specifically recruiting team saying about one a year, people actually working four in a year), high incidence of TASS, etc, and other complaints.. .any of the newish joiners here care to comment?

Last edited by wiggy; 28th Feb 2018 at 19:21.