PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scilly Isles Route
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2018, 13:20
Stampe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember flying as a pax SOH -ISC direct in a Twin Otter it was virtually full and the weather was not that good we were told we were going to nip into Plymouth to pick up a couple of pax that were stranded there but we carried out a missed approach having had no ground contact whatsoever and carried on to ISC breaking cloud at relatively low level I was watching the the DME indicator count up from LND beacon.My wife is a nervous flyer and really did not enjoy the lengthy flight! SOH was a very bad pax experience and they have done well to drop it.Eventually I noticed a change in the experience profile of the Twin Otter fleet and preferring not to be flown by Ray Ban clad teenagers we changed the annual flight to the BIH S61 operation for many happy and safe years.Overall the S61 was the safest and most reliable operator on what is a very challenging route we miss it greatly nowadays generally flying over in the family light aircraft if the weather is suitable.What a superb holiday destination but very expensive!