PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK MFTS on or off the rails?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2018, 10:43
Bob Viking

Received 455 Likes on 120 Posts
JAJ

Once again we appear to be in violent agreement.

Does anyone really believe that any QFI worth his/her salt is going to send a student solo on type (and authorise the sortie) unless he/she is confident in their ability to conduct themselves safely?

I find myself repeating myself (you see what I did there?) when I say this but maybe trust that the guys and gals in the hot seats are going to get the job done.

If you’re not in a position to affect things then maybe just stop finding reasons to get annoyed about stuff that hasn’t happened yet and that, frankly, have nothing to do with you.

This whole predicting an accident thing is a little morbid IMHO.

Besides I was sent solo in a Jaguar with 2:50 on type. Hell, students are going solo on Typhoon on their first airborne sortie. I think a couple of students can probably crack a Phenom once they have been trained.

Remember I’m not a multis guy but I do trust that the people at Cranwell will make it all work safely. I’m not sure they need the approval of the assembled Pprune massive before they start though.

Of course, should I be proven wrong in the fullness of time you are more than welcome to come on here and ask me to eat my words. However, if you were to gloat it would say a lot more about you than me.

Trying to let his thread die, but I keep dragging myself back.

BV