View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2018, 07:29
  #30 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Uxbridge
Posts: 579

Whoever told you that either misunderstood your situation or is just plain wrong. You can get an EASA licence with just some prep for an LPC and a couple of writtens. The form filling usually takes much longer than the flight. The 45 hour full course is only required if you have less than 100 hours total.

Or, you can validate your FAA for occasional or regular use as already discussed.

Or, you could join an N reg group and fly with no formalities.

Alland 2012

None of the above is affected by changes on the 8th of April, but that's not to say EASA won't dream up some more madness in the future. Only Brit microlight pilots and UK National PPLs lose out then..................
MrAverage is offline