PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines (HKA)
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2018, 18:47
A-V-8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyer25
In the meeting, 23rd FEB 17, it's apparently 38% pass the gauntlet . Let me say that again, 38%.
Thank you for your honest and through response. I probably will not apply to HKA based on this number.

I am currently working at FlightSafety international as an instructor. I haven’t flown with any regularity since being hired at FlightSafety.I am looking for a job.

If my pass rate was that low I would be fired. It reflects poorly on the instruction. I have NEVER had a client fail on my current airplane.

It brings me to a few questions:
  • Why is the failure rate so high? Airmanship,Systems Knowledge, Blown approaches, Crashed ets.
  • Where is a good place for me to apply? I need to be an F. O. for a short time to get the ups and down back in my short-term memory but I have 7K TT and plenty of Jet PIC.
  • I am looking for F. O. time and a fast upgrade.

Back to this checkairman who is a total crap shoot. (I’m a checkairman) When he says something stupid you respond enthusiastically with “I have heard that before but someone else told me it wasn’t in the manual. Can you show me where that is?” Consider reading up on how to manage a “Yellow” personality before your next encounter.