PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2018, 15:45
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just picking up on this:

All new joiners are made to wear two stripes for four years as a junior FO regardless of prior experience.
That’s a fair point...the two rings has always led to certain incorrect and sometimes unfortunate assumptions being made by some both in the air and on the ground...I certainly think there is a case to be made for experienced new joiners to have three rings....though you’ll never get the company to agree to pay SFO rate from day one though.

A380 FO’s aren’t even trusted to land the aircraft for the first several months.
Um...I’ll admit I haven’t heard that was the case and am a bit suprised...then again that is the fleet that didn’t even trust highly highly experienced Long Haul Boeing pilots to transfer directly to the aircraft for the first year or two......

And dare I mention; most of these decreases in T&C’s were voted in by senior ‘colleagues’. Secure in the knowledge they would never be applied to them; just the new joiners. Welcome to BARP I guess…
I can promise you not all “senior colleagues” buy into the BALPA line...and the demography of the JSS vote would be interesting to see.

Last edited by wiggy; 26th Feb 2018 at 16:06.