PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2018, 09:33
Seagull201

Originally Posted by wishiwasupthere
And no more Year 12?
In the past, QF displayed on their pilot career website, that an applicant needed to show passes in Maths, English and Physics subjects, which were equivalent to year 12 standard,
or have completed some bridging course, which would be acceptable to them.

I recall, Rex also requesting the same item in the past, in order for an applicant to meet their minimum educational standards, but that item has been removed, Virgin have done the same,
it appears nobody is asking for year 12 HSC results, as a requirement, to enable an application form to be submitted by an applicant.

If a person needs to do these courses, they're available via distance learning, just navigate the web, it will take about a year to complete each subject.

I don't think anybody has got into QF or it's group of airlines, without demonstrating they have reasonable marks in the HSC or posses other qualifications, as a person won't be competitive enough.

The latest Virgin flight crew ad. on the afap website, best summarised the process and outcome once a person submits their application and the outcome of their journey through the selection process.
The ad. advised the following, which would be the same or a similar response from QF , in relation to an applicant's application.

How do I know the status of my application?
We will acknowledge the initial receipt of your application.
We plan to communicate advice of the status of your application within two months initially, reducing to one month after we deal with the large numbers received after the invitation for applications initially open. The advice will indicate that:
  • you have been progressed to the next stage,
  • you are not competitive to be progressed at this time but will remain active, or
  • your application will not be progressed further.
At the end of the day, it's not the end of the world if a person doesn't get into QF, Virgin, Jetstar, other airlines also recruit AU pilot holders, such as FlyDubai, CX, Vietnam's various airlines.
It depends what lifestyle a person is prepared to accept and where they want to live.

Not everybody will get into QF and flying isn't the only thing in life.

Cheers.