PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nauru and Norfolk Island Airlines
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2018, 05:38
TurboProp2120

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboProp2120
I give Norfolk Airlines a year.
Geez, I was pretty close to the money on this one with Norfolk Airlines officially pulling the plug on their services effective 18 March 2018.

Statement from Management below.

Back to the King air I say!

---
Dear Customers

Norfolk Island Airlines advises that effective from the 18th March 2018 the airline is cancelling all passenger services.

Over the last 12 months the airline has endeavoured to provide Norfolk Island with additional independent passenger services to Auckland and Brisbane, however the airline has experienced significantly higher that planned operating costs and considers that continued passenger operations are not sustainable.

The decision to cancel these passenger services has not been made lightly and has been made in the best interests of all of our customers to ensure all passengers receive a full refund. Norfolk Island Airlines appreciates the effect of these cancellations on customers and will be working tirelessly over the next two weeks to ensuring all affected passengers are refunded*.

The last Norfolk Island Airlines scheduled service will be ON346 Norfolk Island to Brisbane on the 17th March 2018

---