PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 25th Feb 2018, 06:43
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AIMINGHIGH123,

The short haul multi sector flying you allude too unite frankly doesn’t compare to how EK will work you, I’ve done both and on balance I was never as remotely tired anywhere else compared to my time at EK.
As for living costs, take housing costs out of the equation and you’ll find day to day expenses 15-20% more expensive than London like for like...don’t kid yourself.
Ok fine, you are doing multi sectors into places you are familiar with, at EK apart from DXB it’s rare you head to same place more than a couple of times a year, throw in the day to night roster pattern and quite frankly it’s life shortening and unsustainable for many.
Expect to work with some nice people, but also plenty of “English as not a first language” pilots from 2nd and 3rd world countries who often have attitudes to match and who tend to think EK is the gift that keeps on giving.
If that appeals, go for it, and understand that you are now “owned” by EK, your input is not required nor is your opinion. They certainly need more crew as the rate of resignations continue unabated.