PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF security film
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2018, 18:24
dctyke

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Guernsey Girl II
The Harrier FS film with Richard O,Sullivan was ‘Flight Safety Nothing to do with Me’ (1973) The Wg Cdr Spry IFS type who did the summing up was Nicholas Courtney (who was Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart in Doctor Who).

The Security Film set at Wittering with the hitch-hiking clerk was ‘Open Secret’ (1973).

Another FS film with people off the TV was ‘Oversight’ (1976), with Trevor Eve as a Phantom Pilot and Michael Sheard (who was Mr Bronson in Grange Hill), as an overloaded C/T.

Frustrations has been made twice, the 60s one was a Javelin crew trying to get back to UK from the Far East.
The 70s one was a Jaguar Sqn Exec who (after lots of triv to deal with), goes flying, has an engine failure on take-off and can’t clear the external stores due to missed switch selections.

All the video resources that used to be in training and crew rooms, the first Sqn I joined had a mountain of UMatic tapes with ‘I Serve The Soviet Union’ recorded off air; fantastic for WP Target Reccie. Lots of FS videos too.

Crew rooms today have little or none. The TV in the corner will have Homes Under The Hammer on or even worse Jeremy Kyle.

At least there’s always Recignition Journal or Air Clues out monthly........oh no, that’s all gone too.

Just piles of unread Pathfinder Mag and as for RAF News, that isn’t even any good for starting a BBQ .

My wife had a bit part in the Richard O,Sullivan film, like to see her again as a 18yr old!