PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pathetic (ii)
Thread: Pathetic (ii)
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2018, 23:09
Pilot DAR

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
Yes, I agree that it's not possible to reply or PM each poster when something they were involved in has had to be deleted. Perhaps theirs was the shining post of quality on a poor thread - sorry, stuff happens. No, SSD did not get a PM from me, 'cause frankly, "pathetic" and then a flaming post falls below my threshold of enthusiasm.

It is uncommon for comment on deletions (and frankly, I may be "guided" in the background that I should not have indulged this). But, I can empathize with feeling jilted, when a post you made, which you genuinely thought was good, is deleted, it's even happened to me!

Correct, posters can't know which mod deleted something. If I'm politely asked, and I did, I'll "man up". If it was not me, I'll stand quietly with the other mods as a team. Sorry, that's the way the system works.

But, all in all... people, it's just comments on the internet! Can we not be nice to each other? You're not so important, that what you think you'd like to say must surpass all other's comments for importance. Or, maybe it is... and I get it wrong and delete it, life will go on! I say that as an expert in life going on - as P84 alludes, I spent 100 days in hospital, after the PF had a bad day last summer, and we crashed. Being able to walk again is nice, and two weeks ago, I borrowed a 172 and an instructor, and satisfied myself that indeed, I can still fly - happily, well. There's more recovery to do yet though...

So, I have time to keep an eye on the posts. Let's post as though we would like the new readers to think that we're proud of aviation, and generally support our fellow pilots... okay?