PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Services to offer part time flexible working hours
Old 21st Feb 2018, 17:11
trim it out

Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by VinRouge
For all of the cynical quips, it may keep valuable people in who would otherwise poke off for a civvie job offering that 75% contract the military doesn't. If they have trashed your pension, why wouldnt you want an easier pace of life when you are now expected to work til past 70 for a state pension.plus, you only get paid for the work you actually don
While I am glad that alternatives are being considered to retain people, (I am planning on applying for a sabbatical in the future to complete some further education and travelling) I think that a part time work scheme is slightly misplaced within the military workplace less for some particularly niche posts perhaps.

I think we should focus on a greater "work from home" model. Planning on spending the week catching up on report writing? Take a work laptop home instead of driving the 300 mile round trip to have to shave everyday and sit in an office amongst the kennels that some places have become.