PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish government declares ATPL as equivalent to a University degree
Old 19th Feb 2018, 13:36
PDR1

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Eddie_Crane
PDR1, could not have put it any better myself!
Damn - can I have another go at it? I'm not used to people agreeing with me1

In terms of recognition, I stand by my assertion of remuneration vs. academic title. The skill and level of responsibility borne by the pilot should be reflected in salary.
Absolutely. I do not wish to challenge in any way the salary or status of a professional pilot. I just challenge this silly idea that it is equivalent to a degree, 'cos it ain't.

Look, when I went to Uni I had all the usual aspirations - fame, fortune, hot babes and fast cars. But I chose engineering as a career so fame, fortune and hot babes were immediately off the menu and I was just left with the fast cars and the lettuce after my name. Had I chosen "professional pilot" then I would have had access to the fame, fortune and hot babes, and probably still had the fast cars, but I would never have got the lettuce. If you want the lettuce after your name you do have to do the work and achieve the degree, not just bitch about it later.

It's either that or share out the cash and give use 2nd dibs on some of the totty.