PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA & Ground Exams Validity Issue.
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2018, 12:09
Redhill67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAA & Ground Exams Validity Issue.

Hi All
Thanks for any useful replies to my query.
I am currently having an issue with the CAA over the validity of my CPL-H ground exams. To cut a long story short I finished my CPL-H ground exams 3-years ago and yes I do realize that there is a period validity.

I didn’t have a chance to start the flying part of the course until last year, but I have recently completed my CPL-H flying Course. I have received a course completion certificate, from my FTO, I paid for my Skills test and received a date for my skills-test, all which were within the exam validity period.
Unfortunately, due to factors beyond my control, it was over the Christmas period, the weather and the availability of the examiner, the date of the Skills-Test fell outside the exam validity date by 8 days. I even took the Skills-Test which the examiner sanctioned on the day. Unfortunately,the test was stopped mid test for various reasons. It was only when I tried to book another test that I was told that the test was outside the exam validity date and I could not proceed and finish the course.
On advice, I then applied for a 2 months extension on my CPL exams to the CAA to allow me to finish my course. But apparently the CAA cannot retrospectively issue a an extension due to EASA laws so will not allow the extension.
Does anyone have any experience with this kind of problem?
Thanks in advance.