PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Survey - Are they waking up?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2018, 17:36
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As ever, BA's bright new ideas seem to be defeated by poor execution....

I was amused to be offered the opportunity to choose in advance a meal on a premium economy long-haul flight later this week; not a huge benefit, as they say you can always choose after boarding. I guess it guarantees the meal of your choice, and also avoids a lot of waste for BA, so no harm done.

The choice was of the main course only, from 2 options only.

However, when I tried to save the choice, I got a response advising that BA are unable to handle the request. The option on the return flight is not available at all, but I'm sure that this is because it's a red-eye back to LHR with no full meals.

It's a truism that the more you try to give people something extra, the more you give them to moan about. I do recognise that this is what I'm doing, when I would never have dreamed of complaining about not being able to pre-select a meal. But BA never seem to learn that it's best, when offering a new and better service, to ensure that it is delivered nicely.

Postscript..... When I went back to try again with the meal order, I found that the original order had been saved, in spite of the response saying it couldn't be done!

Last edited by Capot; 18th Feb 2018 at 22:17.