PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - solo landing
Thread: solo landing
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2018, 10:09
Emma Royds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those that said that they will happily accept the allegations made against our colleague, if others provided credible information on this website, what would be stopping you carrying out your own due diligence? The research I carried out went far more in depth than relying on the screenshot that was circulated and this is what many have simply relied on. Any links I could provide would be useless if posted here, as the information is password protected, as I had to register to gain access. The information I obtained is detailed and surprisingly invasive but it was obtained through channels that are legal and open to anyone, should they feel inclined. It is up to us to inform ourselves appropriately and in turn formulate our own decisions and leave the squabbles to one side. Whilst I have made up my own mind based on what I researched, someone else could come to the opposite conclusion after viewing the very same information. This would be no different to what you would see with a jury in court. To wait for others to bring the information to the table and do nothing yourself, is akin to burying ones head in the sand and deny that this might have happened.

The fact that a person with such a criminal history could share a flight deck with us at EK, is a concern in its own right but this also affects our lives away from work too, with many of us having colleagues in the same neighbourhood. One of the good things about living in this place is that it’s relatively safe and secure and especially for kids. I don’t have any kids myself but I would hazard a guess that many families with kids here in Dubai are perhaps a bit more liberal with how much freedom they extend to their kids, than back at home. We have no union here and if this whole charade is true, then I can guarantee that the company will do all that it can to brush such an episode under the carpet, as is the modus operandi in this part of the world for anything remotely embarrassing. Whilst we alone will have next to nothing in the way of influence in shaping how the company could modify checks and processes for new employees, the one thing we can do on this website is to highlight and discuss any flaws that may exist with these current checks and processes. The internet is a powerful tool for communication and it is the number one thorn for the company in dealing with issues that they would rather forget. This issue of potentially having undesirable applicants ‘slipping through the net’ could be one that they would rather forget yet could be one that affects us all including our families.