PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2018, 12:31
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
January 2018 stats:

I was expecting something slightly worse. Nevertheless, it is the first decrease for some considerable time.

What happens in the summer will be key to how MAN fares in 2018 as a whole. I think the latest increase in seats reported was about 4%. As I recall, that includes a 14th based easyjet a/c which so far shows no signs of appearing. Does anyone know when the slots for the 2 extra based easyjet were effective from? If it is only from July say, then the impact of not getting a 14th a/c would be less than if they are in for the whole summer.

The same applies to the 3 confirmed additional Ryanair a/c and whether slots and seats are only in from when the extra flights are scheduled to start.

Your 1-2% may be a good estimate Dobbo Dobbo. And we may need a boost in the first 2 winter months of 18/19 to achieve that. Interestingly, a couple of years ago, Charlie Cornish expressed a view that he expected the rise in traffic to fall to 2% before picking up again. That of course was before the demise of MON.

In theory, October 2018 should be a decent month as Oct'17 was the first month after MON ceased top operate and apart from a few repatriation flights none of the MON capacity was really replaced as far as I know.

Last edited by MANFOD; 12th Feb 2018 at 12:44. Reason: extra point