PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reputation of Aussie pilots overseas
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2018, 07:38
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonway
Exactly! The discussion is actually about the"Reputation of Aussie pilots overseas" and I do believe that the course it has taken is a very good indication of their reputation abroad. Accusing Oztranauts of having a firm grasp of the non-essentials is, in fact, putting it mildly. I have never flown with any other group that is able to focus on the minutiae and lose all peripheral awareness (see the conversation above) as predictably as the Oztranauts.
Originally Posted by ernestkgann
Don't criticise Keg because the TTF said.......All the other airlines he's been in haven't been as professional as his current employer. You'd think QF1, golf courses and the blind adherence of regulation might ring a bell.
Oh FFS. Yes. Let's praise the airline who are quite happy to accept a 'knot or two' more than the certified limit of the aircraft and demonise those who adhere to policy.

Meanwhile let's dissemble and distract with an entirely irrelevant 744 brake fire and evacuation and remind people that once a crew (from the same airline as the pilot telling of rogue behaviour in a different airline) made some poor decisions and errors even though there wasn't a hint of rogue behaviour such as ignoring or disregarding certified limits.

I like to think I'm a pretty practical bloke but I also value my life, my license, and my profession. I won't knowingly break rules. Limits are limits for a reason. Altitude restrictions are altitude restrictions for a reason. If that defines me as an Austronaut (or Oztronaut) then I'll wear the badge with pride.

I hope one day we don't have to scrape the remains of a crew off the end of a runway because they accepted a 'knot or two' more than the certified limits.