PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angry cabin crew (forum rumor)
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2018, 10:25
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Uplink
I don't really read Pprune much nowadays. It tends to be the same people moaning about the same issues and achieving very little.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear the news that over 1,000 cabin got off their butts and tried to make a difference. I was saddened at that point to read the sarcastic critique that so often you read on here. The discussion at the beginning about percentages of cabin crew that were perhaps in Dubai, compared to the percentages that actually turned up. The thought that what was done would achieve very little.

I think all of you still working for this company should learn from what has just taken place. The cabin crew had their managers on the ropes. Their issues may not be the issues that you would necessarily negotiate or discussion, but they actually stood as one and took the bosses on. I don't see the pilots doing that.... for the most part you just sit here and pontificate about how bad things are. In the end you either leave or continue to moan. Maybe there is something to learn from this???
Not sure how you can pontificate yourself and be so self assured about what the pilot group will or will not do. Your muse (amongst others above) is lacking in facts.

How do you know that if there was an open forum to air grievances with AAR that pilots would not show up in force. Because from what happened the last time they were on offer - we did & in force - though we were restricted in numbers by Fleets commandments to 65 per sitting. They were all oversubscribed.

In Jan ‘16 TICH announced a new era in Flt Ops of ‘Open Communication’ with the introduction of MONTHLY Fleet Forums. Since then there have been 7. So in essence the Co has dialed ‘2’ on us 17 times in the last 24 months. I wonder how we would be treated if we dialed ‘2’ 17 Times in the last 24 months - I digress.

I was at one of these forums and I can tell you it was heated, pointed and downright confrontational. The pilots there spoke passionately about their grievances - too many to air here. As a result of the first four which occurred previous to May 2016 - we achieved a number of objectives which were conceded to us in the Pay Review of May/June 2016. They were:
1. Increased Steps for Snr Captains
2. Flying Pay increase
3. Ground Pay
4. Sim Pay
5. Dubai duty start 1:25 previous to Departure.

Many of us put our names forward for additional forums but were told it was restricted to those who had not yet attended.

While the above may seem minor they were important. One of the issues with smaller forums is that they can be monitored and it appeared the more passionate the individual pilots were - the more furious the note takings were from the HR ladies who were writing away. ‘Attitudinal ‘ addition to my HR file I suspect.

You ask rhetorically “Maybe there is something to learn from this?”
Yes there is - and I believe the Co will learn very fast - as they did with our Fleet Forums - no more.

Go easy on the generalizations without facts.