PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2018, 23:14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think junior commands were an exception and would expect with NAPS closing etc they may remain higher than we expect. Junior commands are not well rewarded financially and are really crap lifestyle wise. Each to their own but I would not join based on an assumption of quick command.
Mmmm.

Not at all sure I agree? Number one. The effect of NAPS closure is debatable? Many of our LH senior copilots, simply can’t stomach the idea of a SH command. They’d prefer a smaller pension, or at the very least, pushing it to the last possible opportunity. After which many of them will undoubtedly miss out.

As far as SH commands providing a ‘crap’ lifestyle.. Two things. First, it just depends what you’re comparing it to? If it’s a ‘senior’ LH copilot’s life, then I accept, it’s sub optimal! Compare it to Easy, Jet2, Ryan...... Really?? I doubt it!

So, frankly, I personally imagine, there’s a fair chance that SH commands will remain fairly junior. Especially at LGW. Many people in BA simply hold their nose at the idea of ‘dirty’ SH!

That’s the truth. Life is (currently!) just TOO comfy on LH!

It will change.