PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air Cadet BAA or going modular hoping for Ryanair?
Old 6th Feb 2018, 16:10
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somewhat of a golden rule in aviation (or in any industry for that matter) is to always take the job you have rather than wait for the one you don't, and may never do.

What guarantees do you have of getting ryanair? They hire a lot for sure, but equally, they turn a lot away too, even with first time passes etc etc.

I think you're better off going with a cadet programme in any case, nothing can beat the peace of mind knowing you practically have a job waiting for you at the end.

As for types, I think the A320 rating is the more marketable rating to have on the CV, many I know also share the same opinion, there are certainly more 320s knocking about in Europe than 737s for sure anyway ... pretty much all national carriers use them and most major budget airlines (bar transavia/RYR) too.

Of course this is all subject to you even being given the offer for wizz, perhaps try and do that first then think more.