PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RVR replaced by pilot assessment
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2018, 05:28
horus23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm gonna have to shove this thread up again in order to avoid creating a new one with same subject.

I'm finding the questions about RVR very confusing. I understood that the first part of the take-off run could be done by the commander's assessment, but found a question in AE that says:

During low visibility take-off operations, the reported RVR for the initial part of the take-off run is below limit. The take-off:

A) is not possible under any circumstance;
B) is possible provided the captain can visually assess the actual RVR and it is at or above the limit;
C) is possible if high intensity runway centre line lights spaced 15 m or less are operational and both pilots are licensed to perform LVO CAT-III operations;
D) is possible provided the aircraft is equipped with an approved lateral guidance system or HUD (Head-up display);

Correct answer given is A, and I can't understand why if in the table contained in Part-SPA AMC1 SPA.LVO100 Low visibility operations, LVTO Operations - Aeroplanes
explains the situation where the commander can replace the RVR by his assessment.

Please, could anyone enlighten me on this one?