PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fancy rejoining....
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2018, 19:05
Rigga

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
Rigga, well said, glad someone else is also putting over the engineering side of things, I do wonder what rank one would have to hold in the RAF to be a C certing engineer to recommend a C of A renewal and issuance of an ARC without any physical input or inspection from anyone else... Wing Commander?

Similar what rank you would need to hold to write and approve a maintenance programme for an aircraft type with no input from anyone.

A couple of years ago I was the Quality Manager (a title I still carry) for a large UK helicopter organisation and it was my job to manage and, in some cases, to do those ARCs (I volunteered to do the overseas ARCs and Physicals) plus carrying out the audit plan approving engineers and pilots, Agreeing and signing off the OPS manuals, Sim Manual, DOH, POE, MOE and Part 66 local training syllabus, monitoring welders and NDT, approving and auditing external suppliers, raising and completing occurrence reports, etc, etc.

I was also the SOLE signatory for Maintenance Extensions, One-Off Auths, MOR responses and the direct CAA contact for 9 design, flight and maintenance departments. All with a brilliant team of four+me.

Remind me...what does a Wing Commander do again?